Move On Up is a highly successful and valued programme which aims to empower teachers to deliver high quality lessons more consistently, giving them the motivation, confidence and skills to be the best teacher they can be. The programme is proven to work best for teachers who have the capacity to reflect upon and improve their own practice. We provide the support of outstanding facilitators, observation of excellent classroom practice, research materials, and practical resources which prompt sustainable change. There is a clear focus on the key principles which underpin effective teaching to improve student outcomes, alongside the development of sustainable improvement.
Delegates may already be good practitioners who want to move their teaching on to the next level or they may be less confident practitioners who are in need of guidance and support to improve their practice. The programme has proven highly successful with a wide range of teachers at varying stages of their career from NQT onwards.
• Receive guided instruction on how to fine tune key areas of Teaching and Learning such as: – the expert’s classroom – explaining – questioning – differentiation – modelling – practice – feedback
• Observe outstanding practitioners in their classrooms
• Complete gap tasks between sessions
• Reflect upon and discuss their current practice in order to develop and improve their effectiveness in the classroom
• Receive practical advice on how to improve
• Read and research the theory behind the key elements of the programme
• Have access to mentoring by a middle/senior leader in their own school between sessions
• Complete a ‘teaching challenge’ which demonstrates the progress made in one or more of the key areas
The launch will be a whole day event held at Carlton Junior Academy. Subsequent sessions are either morning or afternoon sessions and are held at Sir John Sherbrooke Junior School, Robert Mellors Primary Academy and The Redhill Academy.
Lunch / Breakfast is provided prior to all sessions. Cost of programme: £400 per participant.
For more details, or to book a place for either cohort, please contact the RTSA Management Team on 0115 926 1481 option 3 or email RTSAenquiries@theredhillacademy.org.uk.
Places are limited to 12 per programme.
- Currently no events, please check back shortly.