Why train with the Redhill Teaching School Alliance?
As an outstanding teaching school, heading an alliance of over 30 schools, The Redhill Academy is offering an opportunity to work with highly experienced professionals from across our alliance of schools. With such a range of professionals and settings, we are able to tailor a training experience to meet the needs of each of our trainees. Every trainee works alongside an experienced mentor and has the continuous support of an ITT Co-ordinator, as well as accessing an extensive and excellent professional development programme.
We work in partnership with Nottingham Trent University, a highly successful teacher training provider, in order to offer our trainees the full benefits of gaining both QTS and PGCE. As well as developing your classroom skills you will also develop your understanding of the theory of education and be guided to produce two written assessments which will form part of your assessment.
Not only will you benefit from the skills and experiences of the university staff, at the same time you will be placed in one of our schools from the beginning of the autumn term. You will be part of a school team, made to feel like a true member of staff, by staff and students alike.
What we offer:
▪ Support in the application of effective teaching and learning methodology
▪ Support of outstanding classroom practitioners and lead practitioners
▪ Access to strong educational leadership and management
▪ A full programme of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
▪ Bespoke alliance CPD events for trainees
▪ Strong partnership with Nottingham Trent University
▪ Experienced Mentors
▪ ITT Co-ordinator support
▪ Employment opportunities across the alliance post-graduation
▪ Placement schools with good transport links, located in Nottinghamshire, Nottingham city and Derbyshire