Why train with us?
As an outstanding teaching school, heading an alliance of around 30 schools and a growing Multi Academy Trust based in Nottingham City, Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, we offer an opportunity to work with highly experienced professionals from across our partner schools. With such a wide range of professionals and settings, we are proud to be able to tailor a training experience to meet the needs of each of our trainees. Every trainee works alongside an experienced mentor and has the continuous support of an ITT Co-ordinator, as well as access to an extensive and excellent professional development programme.
We work in partnership with Inspiring Leaders to train outstanding teachers who make a significant difference to their pupils, their schools and their profession. Inspiring Leaders is an established and successful provider of initial teacher training at primary and we are excited to be offering secondary training as part of their SCITT. We are also partnered with NTU to offer the PGCE element of the training. Our courses carefully blend significant hands-on teaching experience in our schools with extensive professional development training alongside the critical thinking and theory that is so important for understanding the principles of teaching and learning. The majority of our former trainees have gone on to establish successful careers with many progressing successfully into leadership roles.
What we offer:
- Specialist staff and mentors in all curriculum areas
- Training at KS3, KS4 and KS5
- Primary experience days
- Support in the application of effective teaching and learning methodology
- Support of outstanding classroom practitioners and lead practitioners
- Access to strong educational leadership and management
- Accreditation by Inspiring Leaders, an Outstanding SCITT Provider
- A full programme of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Bespoke alliance CPD events for trainees
- A large supportive cohort of trainees
- Research opportunities
- Strong partnership with Nottingham Trent University
- ITT Co-ordinator support
- Employment opportunities across the Alliance and Trust, post-Graduation
- Placement schools with good transport links, located in Nottingham City, Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Lincolnshire.